Who is PegasusLife?
PegasusLife is a business on a mission to fundamentally change the way retirement property is understood and delivered in the U.K. We believe that the current sector is not doing enough to meet the expectations of people in this country. That’s why we strive to make all our projects unique, relevant and inspiring, from the day we first discover a site, to moving day, and beyond. Each development is uniquely designed to give people an experience based on what matters to them. It is ‘Retirement Living, but not as you know it’.
We are a fast moving, sector changing, highly creative company. We have brought together leading experts in their field to be part of the PegasusLife team. We work together to meet our objectives and deliver our mission.
How this role fits into PegasusLife:
The Sales Manager is essential in providing a positive customer experience and building relationships with our customers that demonstrate we are in this for the long-haul, helping us to attain our ambition of becoming the most admired provider of housing for older people in Britain.
This role is there to support the Sales and Marketing Team by assisting in development launches, selling off plan as well as from the sales complex, achieving all sales targets and managing the developments.
My key responsibilities
- Maintaining the pre-sale database and retrawling when needed, consulting the Regional Sales Manager when moving customers between developments or removing them from the mailing list.
- Maximising off-plan sales through use of all available tools and resources.
- Assisting in marketing activities and PR activities in conjunction with relevant external agencies/companies.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of progress, and update customers accordingly (carefully managing expectations).
- Building relationships with suitable estate agents to advise the Regional Sales Manager on selection.
- Identifying need, ability and desire to purchase through use of pre-sale database and customer visits
- Achieving sales through demonstration of product, lifestyle and benefits of amenities at the customer's home or at the development.
- Ensuring pristine condition of the show complex.
- Meeting quarterly sales targets ensuring that the maximum price is achieved on each apartment sale.
- Setting up and managing an assisted moving plan for purchasers and arrange for a smooth handover of property.
- Briefing support staff on requirements and create a quick start manual and an administration system.
- Participating in training and development activities for self and the Sales Team.
- Reporting as required on local market conditions, competitor activity, sales and reservations progress.
- Being aware of own, others and Company’s responsibilities under the Property Misdescriptions Act and Data Protection Act and advising the Sales Manager of any discrepancies.
- Promoting and managing the resale service.
- Ensuring compliance with Company requirements and guidelines concerning money handling.
The skills, experience and qualifications I need for this role:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with grade C or above in English and Maths
- A sales qualification is desirable but not essential
- Experience of property sales is required; this may have been gained by working for the new homes division of an estate agency, or directly for a developer
- Experience of selling off plan, of plot progressing and being accountable for performance and achievement of targets is essential
Skills & knowledge
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to assess needs and propose solutions
- Able to use technology effectively to sell off plan
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work to deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to plan effectively and manage tasks simultaneously
- Presentation skills (presentation of the product and services)
- IT skills and an awareness of using the internet and social media for marketing
- As well as demonstrating the PL behaviours this role also requires:
- Able to deal with people at all levels
- Uses tact and diplomacy
- A high degree of awareness
- Proactive approach
- Highly professional approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic nature
- Proven ability to achieve results and meet targets
- Solution focused